White Chocolate Panacotta Recipe – Balsamic Strawberries
A Creamy White Chocolate Panacotta Recipe with a contrasting fruity acidity of balsamic Strawberries- easy to make and wonderful to eat! Not a traditional pannacotta method but it works!
Preparation Time: 2 hours including chill time
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 2 Hours 10 minutes
Servings: 8 servings
Serving size: 350gm
Calories per serving: 400
Fat per serving: 25g
updated on 22nd March 2012 By:
For this White Chocolate Panacotta Recipe – with Balsamic Strawberries You will need:
- 1.2 litres double cream
- 2 vanilla pods (split)
- 1 Zest of one unwaxed lemon
- 3 leaves gelatine
- 150ml full fat milk
- 250gm of quality white chocolate (chopped into small pieces)
- 85gm icing sugar
- 400gm Fresh Strawberries
- 75ml Aged Quality Balsamic Vinegar or Balsamic Syrup
- Pour 900ml of the double cream into a small pan add the vanilla pods and lemon zest.
- Simmer until reduced by a quarter.
- Take off the heat.
- Soak the leaves of gelatine in the cold milk until soft.
- Gently warm the milk until the leaves are dissolved.
- Stir into the reduced cream from above.
- Add the white chocolate.
- Stir until the white chocolate is combined well.
- Pass through a rough sieve into a bowl and leave until thickened but not solid
- Lightly whip the remaining double cream and fold in the icing sugar.
- Fold this mixture into the thickened cream with white chocolate.
- Divide the mixture between 8 * 150ml dariole moulds tap the moulds on a worksurface to remove any air.
- Chill to set
- To serve turn out onto a serving plate and top with the the strawberries and balsamic syrup
Enjoy! This White Chocolate Panacotta